Creative ID: 114
Art form(s): Craft/Object, Design, Leather, Carved Pictures, Stamping, Dyeing, Upcycle, Restore.
Based in: Hillcrest Hamilton.
When I'm available: Mondays and Tuesdays.
Where I'm available: Hamilton or close by.
My arts or creative practice (including details about my specific focus within that art form/practice and my strengths)
- Maker of bags purses pouches belts knife sheaths and articles on request.
- Renovate restore upcycle repairs.
- Steampunk and costume.
- Worked at Weta workshop total of 40 years' experience.
- Jandal making.
My track record of experience and success - or the track record of experience and success of the creative or artist that I will partner with
- Run classes through Adult Education at a high school also through a Leather Association.
- Working displays at Craft Fairs.
Describe the experience you have had working with children or young people, teaching or facilitating creative processes
- Adult Education.
Why I want to be part of the Creatives in Schools programme and how my involvement will link to my creative practice
I want to pass on skills which are being lost. I think non-academic students would benefit hand-eye coordination discipline of focus making useful things. Potential pathway to employment.