About Arts Online
Arts Online is the key professional resource for all arts educators in New Zealand.
It provides free access to:
- Primary teaching resources such as units, lessons, website reviews and links to selected international online teaching materials
- Secondary teaching resources such as units, lessons, website reviews and links to selected international online teaching materials
- Teacher Resource Exchange where teachers can upload, share and access teaching ideas and resources
- Interactive Unit Planner where teachers are supported to create, save and download their own units of work with important links to sites, readings and resources
- Professional readings and research
- Reviewed resources including links to quality assured websites specific to teaching arts in the New Zealand curriculum
- Learner examples including digistories , case studies and Artists in Education
- Artists in Education - service featuring artists' profiles and programmes in all disciplines and school levels
- Links to and promotion of professional subject associations , arts organisations and commercial resources .
- Professional communication through community discussion groups for each discipline, for primary and early childhood teachers, and for secondary school arts coordinators
- Events listings, conferences, and ongoing arts activities in New Zealand and beyond.
Using the site
We welcome input from all arts educators. You can become an active member of this community by:
- Subscribing to the relevant communities (emailing discussion groups).
- Sending newsletter items to the relevant email lists. Send events in your schools and regions to Events area.
- Use and contribute to the Teacher Resource Exchange .