Student information sheet
- Trade union banner
- Teaching and Learning sequence - teacher copy
- New Zealand company flag
- Canoe Poi dance poster, 1950s
- New Zealand railways cup and saucer
- Paua surfboard
- New Zealand's first postage stamp, 1855
- Assessment schedule
- Souvenir Māori-style toothpick
- Māori sovereignty flag, 1990
- Side of 'Fernleaf' butter box, c1940s
- TEAL poster
- Cigarette-box holder, 1939
- Souvenir Māori Doll, 1950s-60s
- Student task sheet
- Te Porere - The Flag of Te Kooti Arikirangi Te Turuki, c1860s
- Student information sheet
- Double bubble
This assignment requires you to investigate a selection of representations of Aotearoa New Zealand (Flags, Souvenirs, 'NZ Design') and think critically about what these representations communicate about the people, place and culture of Aotearoa New Zealand. You will then produce a design for your own flag or poster representing Aotearoa New Zealand.
You will have approximately 9 periods to complete this assignment.
Pairs of students are required to hand in at least:1 x A3 page of thumbnail designs for a flag or poster representing Aotearoa New Zealand1 x A3 of refinements of best two flag or poster designs1 x final flag or poster designNote: The student is expected to actively participate in and contribute to group discussions in order to meet the Communicating and Interpreting strand of this assessment.
Download Word file (Word 34 KB)