My arts or creative practice (including details about my specific focus within that art form/practice and my strengths)
A multi-faceted, edgy and empowering community of creative people, all working to enrich and refresh the arts culture within the Bay of Plenty. A vibrant and accessible platform for community arts, performances, exhibitions. We are fully connected with our local arts community, and can coordinate and connect skilled creatives to specific needs. Our Hub has:
- a gallery and studios that cater to professional arts practitioners
- mentorship and guidance for emerging artists
- a multi art-genre learning space offering accessible art education to all
- an intimate and unique music platform where classes are offered and performances held
- Tauranga's own community gallery that holds exhibitions for the expression of our community's voice. Mentorship for community art groups
- artists exchange and open studios showcase national and international artists at work in their practice
- Ngā toi Māori - indigeonous artist exchange, studios, gallery and taonga shop.
My track record of experience and success - or the track record of experience and success of the creative or artist that I will partner with
In the six years our Hub has been open, we have engaged throughout the entire Bay of Plenty arts community. We have developed a reputation for inclusivity, diversity and delivering exceptional quality outcomes. We work closely with Creative Bay of Plenty, Tauranga and WBOP councils on arts/specific projects.
Describe the experience you have had working with children or young people, teaching or facilitating creative processes
Our team includes qualified early childhood educators, art teachers and professional art tutors, and the team facilitates these with excellence. We work with every and all ages, and will work to any theme that is presented to us in the most creative way.
Why I want to be part of the Creatives in Schools programme and how my involvement will link to my creative practice
Our Creative Hub is passionate about grassroots art, engaging and connecting arts practitioners and empowering authentic arts practices in our community. We believe in the well-being associated in the involvement in any arts practice, and also the retention of creative skills in the Bay of Plenty region.