- Assessment Schedule
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Sessions 5, 6, 7 & 8
- Sessions 9 & 10
- Sessions 11-15
- Introduction to detail sketching
- Share learning intentions with the group. "Today we are going to use our prior knowledge of observation to sketch the fine details of a feather."
- Give the students their tools for detail sketching, pencil, A5 paper, feather and magnifying glass.
- Show portrait and landscape views and discuss which viewpoint would be best for drawing a feather.
- Discuss lines, shape and grip of pencil. A light pencil grip will create feathery soft lines. Tear drop shape with a rounded bottom and a pointed tip. Whispers along the edges.
- Sketch feather; keep using the terms used in the discussion.