- Assessment Schedule
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Sessions 5, 6, 7 & 8
- Sessions 9 & 10
- Sessions 11-15
- Introduce students to the art of observation.
- Set the scene "You are a Crime Scene Investigator who has been given a set of thumbprint photographs from the book Big Smoke or a selection of thumbprints you have found yourself. Your task is to select 10 of the thumbprints and note details onto a storyboard . Glue the photos on and write notes below answering the following questions: What has happened in the scene? What are the people looking at? What is the object they are standing next to?"
- Use a magnifying glass to make visual observations.
- Share observations with the group.
- Direct students to the facial expressions, what are they thinking and what do they see.
- Sequence thumbprints into an order of relevance.
- Explain storyboard to a buddy/group.