Worksheet: Rock Pools and the Sea by Kay George
- Curriculum Links
- Resources and Materials
- Lesson Sequence
- Worksheet: Rock Pools and the Sea by Kay George
Reference: Ministry of Education (2001). Fibre and Fabric: Exploring the Visual Arts in Years 1–6. Wellington: Learning Media Limited. Page 22
- What is the first thing you notice about Rock Pools and the Sea? Why?
- Is there a single focal point in the art work, or are there several? What makes you look there?
- What are the dominant shapes and colours in the art work?
- What shapes, patterns, and images can you see in the art work?
- Is there a theme that unites the images? What is it?
- What colours can you see?
- How many tones of blue can you find?
- What might the artist have done first? What might she have done last?
- What title would you give this fabric artwork? Why?