Creative ID: 237
Art form(s): Interarts, Visual Arts, Literature, Hybrid forms (the textual with the visual etc) & interdisciplinary art
Based in: Wellington
When I'm available: I am available from April 2020 ongoing. I am currently entirely flexible as to days and times.
Where I'm available: All of greater Wellington & Kapiti
My arts or creative practice (including details about my specific focus within that art form/practice and my strengths)
- Currently completing a PhD on the hybrid form in contemporary fiction. My thesis includes writing an experiential fiction work (PhD will be finished early 2020).
- During 2019 I was part of an interdisciplinary group of artists who collaborated in small teams to respond to a brief given onsite in Venice Italy alongside the Venice Biennale.
- I have a masters degree in fine arts (Photo-montage)
- I have significant curatorial experience from managing an art gallery
- I have published works of fiction and nonfiction
- I have 10 years of tertiary teaching experience in drawing, photo-montage, and interdisciplinary practice.
- I have had many exhibitions of my mixed-media work and drawing - both solo and group shows.
My track record of experience and success - or the track record of experience and success of the creative or artist that I will partner with
Masters degree in fine arts. 15-ish years of annual exhibitions. Interdisciplinary practitioner. Published writer. Now PhD in the literary hybrid form (that combines art and text)
Describe the experience you have had working with children or young people, teaching or facilitating creative processes
Ten years of teaching at tertiary level - foundation art/design studies at a polytechnic (including teenage learners). And Bachelor degree level course coordination and teaching (teens -> twenty-somethings) I have a diploma of tertiary teaching. Themes and preferences: creative idea generation; explorative journaling and visual diary-ing; drawing techniques; found object art; recycled object art; curation; collage; mixed-media art; generating and combining text and image
Why I want to be part of the Creatives in Schools programme and how my involvement will link to my creative practice
I enjoy working with young people, who are often more open to new and experimental ideas than adults are! This work would link to my practice in so far as I enjoy and am inspired by helping people realise their potential and find ideas and confidence.