Creative ID: 034
Art form(s): Design, Dance, Multi-Disciplinary, Music, Theatre.
Based in: Auckland.
When I'm available: Any time in 2020 any days.
Where I'm available: Anywhere from Warkworth to Pokeno.
My arts or creative practice (including details about my specific focus within that art form/practice and my strengths)
I am a producer, director, educator and performer. I have a strong understanding and lived experience of many aspects of theatre and education.
My track record of experience and success - or the track record of experience and success of the creative or artist that I will partner with
- Director/producer of children's music theatre festivals.
- I have taught in secondary schools for 16 years.
- I have taught in America at JTF a children's festival with 6,500 children.
- I have won a number of awards for directing, lighting design, sound design, set design, and costuming.
Describe the experience you have had working with children or young people, teaching or facilitating creative processes
- Own performing arts practice teaching singing, speech and drama, acting, communications and musical theatre.
- Primary Education Degree.
- Diploma in Performing Arts.
- Masters in Dance Education.
- 16 years' classroom practice in Dance and Drama.
- President of the Drama Teachers Subject Association for five years.
- Taught workshops around New Zealand in Musical Theatre, building your actors toolbox, scholarship drama.
Why I want to be part of the Creatives in Schools programme and how my involvement will link to my creative practice
I currently relieve in schools and know a number of schools do not have resources to provide creative endeavours to students. I feel this programme will open schools up to amazing and endless possibilities.